Disability Insurance Plans
The Town of Westborough offers two types of disability insurance: Short-Term Disability Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Disability insurance protects your most valuable asset -- your income. It replaces a portion of your income if you become unable to work because of a covered illness or injury subject to any limitations in the policy.
Short-Term Disability Insurance:
The Town's carrier for short-term disability is Colonial Supplemental Insurance Company. For a portfolio brochure with additional information on this plan, please contact Human Resource (508-836-7702, Ext. 1021) or email email@example.com. Or contact our Colonial Representative, Scott Curtis, at (978-456-7717) or email colonialSJC@aol.com for rates and additional information. Below are some of the highlights of the plan:
- You are paid regardless of any other insurance you may have with other insurance companies. Payments are made on top of sick time and workers compensation.
- Benefits are paid directly to you, unless you specify otherwise.
- Benefit amounts paid tax free from $400/month to 66% of your monthly gross pay (you choose the amount) for accidents or illness.
- You choose the number of months to receive benefits (3, 6, 12, or up to 24 months).
- Variable waiting periods -- the time out of work until Colonial starts to pay (0, 7, 14, 30, 60, 90, or 180 days).
- On-the-job and/or Off-the-job protection available for accidents or illness.
- Average cost between $5-$10 per week (depends on options selected).
- Rates remain the same -- no increase in premium as you become older.
- Maternity benefits. Both Pre- and Postpartum included.
- If you leave your employer, you can take your coverage with you at the same rates and benefit amounts.
- You may keep your coverage at the same cost up to age 70.
Long-Term Disability Insurance:
The Town's carrier for long-term disability is Boston Mutual. For a portfolio brochure with additional information on this plan, please contact Human Resources (508-836-7702, Ext. 1021) or email firstname.lastname@example.org .